Terms and conditions
1. By clicking “Agree” below, you will install the “Lock and Learn” app (the “App”) and agree with Lock and Learn, Ltd (“we” or “us”), a company registered at Companies house, Cardiff, under company number 11445314 whose registered address is at Heron's Way, Wragg Marsh, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE12 6HH, England. To abide by these terms and conditions.
2. You may not use the App for any commercial use.
3. All copyright in the App belongs to us. You may not yourself or allow third parties to make or distribute copies of the App, attempt to copy, reproduce, alter, modify, transform or reverse engineer the App or any part of it.
4. The trademark “Lock and Learn” and the logo associated with it, together with the design of all screens employed by the App (the “Marks”) belong to us. You may not yourself or allow third parties to copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit or disseminate the Marks without our prior written consent.
5. The purpose of the App is to control mobile devices via networks and the internet. Using the App may result in your being charged for access to the network or internet during the period of such use. We will not be liable for such charges
7. We have taken and shall take reasonable care to ensure that the App performs all functions identified in it and does not interfere with your intended or desired use of any mobile device on which it is installed other than in the ways that it identifies. If the App does interfere with your intended or desired use of a device in any other way or ways: (i) we shall have no liability at all unless you establish that we have failed to take reasonable care to avoid such interference; and (ii) we shall have no liability in any event for any indirect or consequential loss, including (without any sort of limitation whatsoever) economic loss, loss of profits, loss of opportunity or loss of goodwill or reputation.
8. We shall have no liability in relation to any failure by the App to restrict or control access to the device on which it is installed.
9. If for any reason we do not enforce or rely on a right which we have pursuant to these terms or to the general law, such non-enforcement shall not constitute a waiver or abandonment of that right.
10. These terms are concluded between you and us. No other party shall have any rights in relation to them.
12. We may amend these terms from time to time. When we do so, we shall send you a message through the App or email that an amendment has been made. If, following receipt of such message you continue to use the App, you will be deemed to have accepted such amendment.
1. What information does Lock and Learn collect and how is it used?
1.1. We collect and store the information that you provide to us when you first become a Lock and Learn user – that is, your name and your email address.
The main reason to collect your email address is to make it easy for you to use Lock and Learn. We also use this information to keep in contact with you, to provide information about Lock and Learn (including our products and offers that we make available from time to time) and seek your feedback. We may in the future use it to provide you with information about any future partners and the various services they may offer, or create anonymous and/or de-identified data records from your personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you.
At any time, you can ask us to amend or delete the information you have provided to us.
1.2. We also collect, automatically, information about how you have used Lock and Learn: about your schedules, your devices’ operating systems, IP address, quiz information etc.
We analyse this information to troubleshoot any issues users encountered, to work out how our products are being used and how to improve them.
2. Do you share information with third parties?
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information.
3. What about children’s data?
Depending on how you use Lock and Learn’s services, you might provide us with data from which it would in theory be possible to identify your children. This would occur if you (i) use an email address from which it is possible to identify you; (ii) use your children’s names to identify the children’s devices that are controlled by Lock and Learn; and (iii) the combination of your name and your children’s names is sufficient to identify the children. We do not use this data and the only purposes for which any person has access to it are those which are a necessary part of maintaining and developing Lock and Learn’s products.
5. What do you do in relation to payment data?
If you make any direct purchases from us (that is, purchases not made through an app store), your credit card or debit card information (such as card type and expiration date) and other financial data that we need to process your payment may be collected and stored by the payment processors with which we work. In addition, the payment processors generally provide us with some limited information related to you, such as a unique token that enables you to make additional purchases using the information they’ve stored, including recurring payments if you authorize automatic renewals, and your card’s type, expiration date, and certain digits of your card number.
6. What do you do to keep personal data secure?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We may retain your data after the termination of a subscription to our app. If you would like us to delete your data, please contact us.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our app, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. What about GDPR?
We have considered the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (or “GDPR”) and are satisfied that we are compliant. To the extent we use your personal data, we consider that this is reasonably necessary to protect and promote your and our legitimate interests in the provision of Lock and Learn’s products and services. In particular, (i) we do not collect any information other than that which we need to collect in order to provide products and services; (ii) we use contact details to provide you with information about our products and services; (iii) we also use contact details to provide information about offers and additional products and services, which is in your and our interests; (iv) we take reasonable steps to secure the data which we collect.
8. How can you contact us if you have any questions?